Game Day Essentials Fondue (v)
For the fondue
- 1 cup of cashews (soaked)
- 5 tbsp tapioca starch
- 7 tbsp nutritional yeast
- ½ cup of plant-based heavy cream (I used soy, however, I think you can get away with coconut cream or cashew mylk here)
- ½ cup of white wine*
- 1 cup of water
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp white miso
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- pinch of turmeric (optional, but gives the fondue a yellow hue)
- pinch of nutmeg (optional)
- 1 clove of garlic
*please feel free to omit the white wine, it is not necessary.
- anything dip-worthy
- Add fondue ingredients (except garlic) to a blender and blend until completely smooth.
- Add mixture to a pot and start to cook on low heat, stirring frequently. Use a whisk to make creamy and thicken.
- Cook for about 10 minutes until fondue thickens and becomes stretchy.
- Meanwhile cut bread, apple, pear, etc. into bite size pieces.
- Rub the inside of a fondue pot with the garlic, then transfer the warm fondue to the pot.
- Serve immediately with the dipping foods on the side. Enjoy!