Fellow mint choc-chip lover? This creamy, nourishing smoothie recipe will have you second-guessing that you’re getting your greens in and you’re indulging in dessert instead. That’s our kinda green smoothie! This recipe is kid-tested and a great way to sneak in some leafy greens for the spinach-phobic little ones.
Why flax seeds? Benefits include: high in fiber + antioxidants, improved digestion, clear skin, lower cholesterol, reduce sugar cravings, balance hormones, fight cancer + promote weight loss.
Mint Chip Smoothie
- 2 cups almond milk or nut milk
- 2 banana’s frozen
- 2 large handfuls of spinach
- 4 Tb Cacao Powder
- 2 dates *optional for sweetness
- 1 Tb flax seeds, optional
- Small handful of ice
- 4 drops peppermint essential oil or peppermint extract or a few fresh mint leaves. Whatever’s handy in the kitchen – make it work!
Blend on high for 1-2 minutes. Top with cacao nibs.